Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ug.

So. I went to bed at 9:00! This was an amazing feat, to be sure. As soon as I laid down, I was out like a light. Ah, sleeeeeep.

I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the new day. My alarm hadn't even gone off yet, so I laid in bed, savoring a rare moment of leisure relaxation beneath my warm, cozy blankets. After a minute or two, I decided I would quickly get up and ready for the day, make some yummy waffles for breakfast, and then head to the HFAC for a few hours of good, solid practicing before my dad picked me up at noon to take me home for the rest of the weekend.

I climbed out of bed. It occurred to me that I ought to check the time, so I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and glanced down at the glowing screen as I pressed a random button.

11:34pm.

Ug.

Ug!

Ug ug.

and

Ug.

Of COURSE I should have expected such a thing. What other time do I wake up feeling refreshed and motivated, except at an hour when all productive plans are useless and foiled?

I got back in bed and tried to fall asleep.

But to no avail, as you can tell by the time of day I am posting this.

Ug.

No comments: